[Digikam-devel] Does current git compile with KDE SC 4.10's kdegrphics libs?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:10:25 GMT 2013

This is my response from private mail with Veaceslav :

I think you don't need to back-port you patch in libkexiv2 from KDE 4.10
branch... In fact you cannot back-port your patch and KDE 4.10 must
preserve binary compatibility. Your patch break BC due to new methods add
in library

Don't forget that libkexiv2 is hosted in kdegraphics, which is a KDE
component, released officially with KDE. Sure digiKam, because it's don't
release at the same KDE time, it include last libkexiv2 code, but packagers
can disable to use this library from digiKam tarball and
use official libkexiv2 from KDE instead.

This is the same workflow from libkipi and libkdcraw.

Currently, your patch from libkexiv2 will be included with KDE 4.11. To be
sure that digiKam can be compiled with libkexiv2 from KDE 4.10, you need to
wrap your code from Digikam::DMetadata class into conditional pre-processor
rules, checking libkexiv2 version ID shared with libkexiv2/version.h. It's
very easy to do...

Gilles