[Digikam-devel] Review Request 108574: Turned on sorting by pixel size and added sorting by aspect ratio

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 5 19:45:22 GMT 2013

Am Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 18:38:53 schrieb Stephen Toothman:
> > On Feb. 4, 2013, 5:29 p.m., Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > Stephen,
> > >
> > > Any progress here ?
> > >
> > > Gilles Caulier
>
> I looked at the right hand side text filter and did not see any place for
> sorting options.  I also looked through the code for it and did not find
> it.  I am still working on the search part.  It has me at a bit of a loss
> trying to find how it fits together.  But as near as I can tell it does a
> search through the database using sql.  Since this is not a field in the DB
> I have to think about how to query it and get what I want.  And that is the
> part that has me confused because I can not find where the search query is
> stored.

Regarding the backend, have a look at libs/database/imagequerybuilder.cpp
There is already "pageorientation" and "pixels" implemented which provide
similar queries.

For the UI, you need to build the basic UI in
utilities/searchwindow/searchfields.cpp. There is already something for
pageorientation, nothing for pixels.
If you want the UI to appear in the search window, you need to add in in
searchgroup.cpp.

Marcel