[Digikam-devel] digiKam Software Collection 3.0.0 beta1 is out...

alekcejk at googlemail.com alekcejk at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 22:33:11 BST 2012

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> libkipi 2.0 is include with digiKam SC. You just need to use right
> cmake flag to use local source code.
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/README#L83
>
> At install, libkipi 2.0 header are not installed. Only binary files.
> There is no conflict possible with your distro version. More than on
> version of shared can be installed on the system
>
> Gilles Caulier

This way of building using bundled code is not allowed in Fedora, so
we have problem with building separate libkipi package.

>> 2. What package version should be used should be used?
>> Assume that with KDE 4.10 beta1 will be released
>> libkipi-4.9.50 tarball, so for now can we use version
>> for example libkipi-4.9.40 version?. It would be nice
>> to have such separate libkipi-4.9.40 tarball in
>> directory with digikam-3.0.0-beta1 release.
>
> it is, in extra sub-dir.

You mean extra sub-dir in digikam-3.0.0-beta tarball?
Sources from this tarball can be used for libkipi package
but question with package versioning (and its upgrading
to libkipi released with KDE 4.10 beta) is not solved.
Putting separate tarball (libkipi-4.9.40 for example) in
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/digikam/
will make packaging much simpler.

--
Alexey Kurov <nucleo at fedoraproject.org>