[Digikam-devel] Compiling on FreeBSD + DB problems

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:11:16 GMT 2012

2012/1/17 Sulev-Madis Silber <madis555 at hot.ee>:
> Ah, false alert, it picked up wrong old "dbconfig.xml" from system. That
> happens if you have multiple copies of same program installed.
>
> Not sure what else did it pick up... Now DB seems to work as expected but
> read-only rotation still doesn't work. When I rotate image, nothing happens
> in thumbnail or view mode. However edit mode shows correctly rotated image.
> View mode gets rotated image only after application restart. Thumbnail is
> not updated even with restart, to update that I need to rebuild all
> thumbnails.
>
> So, rotation almost works...! I'm not sure I can fix those issues by
> myself... though, yet :(

yes, we have introduced new code about rotation (look into
metadata/rotation setup page for behavior)

Typically, read only image must be rotted to switch a flage in thumb
database, and thumb must be rotated. It doesn't work with RAW file
currently. I reported this to Marcel who have written code about this
feature...