[Digikam-devel] Why 2 windows installers

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:11:05 BST 2012

KDE windows installer version is not updated for a while. Look the
last version available. Also KDE vesion provided is not the last one.
KDE windows is not stable and as a lots of bugs to close. Also, by
this way, 2 or 3 compilers are used to provide packages (MinGW, MSVC
2008, and MSVC2010). This take time to compile and package.

Stand alone installer is based on KDE from trunk and we try to provide
the last version the most quickly that we can. "Ananta Palani"
<anantapalani at gmail.com> work on this project. We only packaging with
last MSVC compiler, that all.

You must known that Windows packaging is a worse... It's not like
Linux. It's hard to debug, hack and trace memory (excepted if you pay
right tools). Linux is so far the best developement platform...

Best

Gilles Caulier