[Digikam-devel] Images not displayed

Johannes Wienke johannes.wienke at gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 19:56:46 BST 2012

Hey again,

On 16.04.2012 18:39 schrieb Johannes Wienke:
> I recently have a problem with digikam version 2.5. I have no exact idea
> when this started because I am using this version for some longer time now.
>
> Anyway, the problem is that for some albums suddenly the icon view
> contains only a subset of the actual images. However, the count in the
> tree view is correct. It somehow happens only with albums I imported
> recently and each time I import them again different images are missing.
>
> I suspect there is some kind of database corruption involved because in
> the Images table I could find entries for some of the affected images
> which did not have an album number assigned. Any idea on how to debug or
> solve this? I never really had a look at the database code so far.

I tried to debug this further. What I can see is that if I manually
query the database with the same query digikam uses, all relevant images
are returned. So I suspect the database is ok. So the images must be
swallowed at some later time. Has anyone got some idea how to find out
where they disappear in the long model-view chain?

Cheers,
Johannes