[Digikam-devel] Zero images in albums

Francesco Riosa francesco at pnpitalia.it
Mon Sep 19 11:13:49 BST 2011

On 09/18/11 17:46, Petr Kovar wrote:
> 2011/9/18 sleepless<sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>:
>> To make it easyer, just copy and paste:
>> cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config
>> --prefix` ..
>
> I always run it from build dir but when I install it to /usr then it
> really works. Is there way to run it parallel with stable version or
> without using VirtualBox?

due to it's complexity it's a difficult thing to have available two
version of digikam. both libraries and kioslaves need to be of the
correct version. I've been fooled a pair of times but similar enough but
not quite equal version of DK.

Sincerely now what I do is to remove all installed DK and run a make
install, setting the KDE environment such as it find DK

setting the environment in:
${HOME}/.kde4/env/home_usr_first.sh

# access first user stuff, only later system installed one
export PATH=${HOME}/usr/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\
${HOME}/usr/lib{,64}${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}
export KDEDIR=${HOME}/usr
export KDEDIRS=${KDEDIR}
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=${HOME}/usr/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS

teorically this can be adapted to run all digikam components from the
build directory, but setting it in a shell it's not sufficient because
some stuff is started by kdeinit4 (which may have a different env)

Maybe other solved this problem more elegantly, I'm too interested.

P.S. you can hava a totally different user with X on vt8 and a stripped
down kde or even xfce running.