[Digikam-devel] SQLite broken in git

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Sep 7 11:46:48 BST 2011

> Hem, then I need to change the logic, at this moment it's teorically
> possible to have separate engines for images and thumbnails, for example
> a centralized mysql database for images and a local sqlite database for
> thumbnails.

I understand, that makes sense

> If avoiding conversion is paramount then we should revert, discuss the
> wanted logic and then I can adapt it, so what re your suggestions?

I guess it's probably one bug: With SQLite, we store the path but not the filename, because the filename is constant. There has always been code which adds the filename if only a directory is specified. I believe this must be broken at some place (but I'm at work currently, cannot have a look at the code)

Marcel