[Digikam-devel] the new pano tool

Benjamin GIRAULT benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:38:34 BST 2011

I Brad,

2011/10/11 bkn <bkn at ithryn.net>:
> I am on a quest to get this tool working on OS X. I was able to get it working with a small modification, but i don't know if this change breaks anything else. In short, there is call to KProcess::clearEnvironment() in ActionThread::compileMKStepByStep and ActionThread::compileMK. Removing these two line helps getting the tool to run under OS X. The reason is that clearEnvironment() removes directories in the user's $PATH which contain the stitching binaries and the makefiles generated seem to rely on these tools existing in the user's $PATH rather than specifying the full pathname of the binaries.

Basically, you are saying that you modifiy locally your PATH, and it
happens that those local changes are not preserved with the
clearEnvironment() calls. Am I right?

> Is there a specific reason to call clearEnvironment()?

Yes, KDEAPI says so:

<clearEnvironment() documentation>
Empties the process' environment.

Note that LD_LIBRARY_PATH/DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is automatically added on *NIX.

This function must be called before starting the process.
</clearEnvironment() documentation>

--
Benjamin.