[Digikam-devel] Assigning ratings with keys

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Mon Nov 7 18:23:29 GMT 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

My extreme apologies for contacting, but I'm not sure what has happened.

I recently changed from Ubuntu to Xubuntu and have installed Digikam. The help
page reports 2.1.1 on KDE development platform 4.7.1

Build date is listed as September 23, 2011.

I use Digikam to rapidly go through large shoots and rate pictures. By
configuring the shortcuts I can use Page Down to go through the pictures in
full screen mode and any that I like, I hot an extra button to rate it.

At the end of this quick process, I have achieved a rating and can deal with
the days shoot very effectively.

However, nothing I do now seems to be able to rate a picture with a single key
press, and I can't find the options in the shortcuts, to be able to assign keys
to the various star ratings.

This has brought my usage of Digikam to a stark halt and I desperately need
help.

Yours sincerely,

Miss Michelle Knight