[Digikam-devel] Patch: Pano tool and ExpoBlend tool working on OS X with patch

bkn bkn at ithryn.net
Mon Nov 7 15:55:05 GMT 2011

Benjamin and Devs List,

With the attached patch, the pano tool and expoblending tool work on OS X. I
also tested this on my linux machine too to make sure it didn't affect linux.
To apply patch change directories to digikam-sc/extra/kipi-plugins

 $ patch -p1 < ~/pano_expoblend_on_osx.patch

The change in behavior is as follows. When the pano tool is started, it tries
to find the necessary command line tools (just like before). If the tools are
found, the process remains the same. If the tools are not found, it will ask
the user to navigate to the tool. the resulting path is stored in Panorama
Settings so it can be reused by other areas of the plugin and when running
digikam in the future. When these tools are needed, they can be addressed
using the full path so all the tools will work regardless if they are in a
system path.

The other change is that when the Makefile is generated to process to the pano,
the Makefile is modified such that the Makefile has the whole path of the tool
coded into the makefile. For example, the line
  NONA=nona
would become
  NONA=/Applications/Hugin/HuginTools/nona
The code for this can be seen in actionthread.cpp:1103

This patch also pushes a lot of common logic into BinaryIFace class which
previously existed in sub classes. As a result, i was able to get the
ExpoBlending tool to work on OS X as well.

Please let me know if there are any questions,
 -- brad