[Digikam-devel] Re: GSOC 2011: Photo Frame Layouts

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:27:34 BST 2011

2011/3/30 Lucas Spas <lukasz.spas at gmail.com>:
> Hello.
>
> My name is Lucas Spas. I am a student of Applied Computer Science on AGH
> University of Science and Technology in Cracow (Poland). I had just ridden
> KDE GSoC projects list and I found very interesting project for me - I mean:
> Photo Frame Layout module for digiKam project. Why I found it interesting?
> It's because my hobby is photography and I would love to have such
> functionality in digiKam all the more that I have a possibility to write
> such module on my own.
>
> I am familiar with C++ and Qt and it is my belief that I can cope with this
> project. However I have lots of ideas which could be implemented in this
> module.
> But I am quite not sure if it is still available project. But if it is still
> open I would like to know where I could send my proposal?

Hi Lucas,

Welcome to the competition.

To make a proposal for this project, take a account to google GsOC
2011 interface named "melange" and post your complete proposal,
including skill, review of project, your vision to manage and solve it
and a review of technicals way to implement it.

The proposal, must include the planing of your work.

I resumed the main link in this wiki :

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/GSOC2011

As you can see, you is not alone to want manage this project. The best
proposal will be retained by mentor voting. Look the timeline to be
right in time...

Good luck (:=)))

Gilles Caulier