[Digikam-devel] Re: GSoC 2011 - Clone Tool for Image Editor

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 14:57:02 BST 2011

Hi Amey, and welcome to the game...

2011/3/25 Amey Dharwadker <ameydhar at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Amey Dharwadker.  I am currently working on the final
> semester of an eight semester B.Tech degree course at the Department
> of Electronics and Communication Engineering, National Institute of
> Technology (NIT) Trichy, India.
>
> My research interest is in Computer Vision. I  have worked on projects
> in this field and also have some of my work published. I am interested
> in the "Clone Tool for Image Editor" project proposed by digiKam at
> GSoC 2011. Do you want to implement  the mean value interpolation
> algorithm or you want to work with the Laplacian method? I assume you
> want the work to be focussed on "Adaptive Cloning" (for automatic
> adjustment of color and lighting conditions) rather than just the heal
> tool, which is just taking one area from an image, and paste it
> smoothly in some other area.

No. The gaol of this project is to write a tool to clone area by hand,
as under Photoshop or gimp. We have already a lots of automatic tool
in digiKam, which do not help in-deep to remove unwanted objects,
persons, etc...

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/15037.html

Do you know C++, Qt, and KDE API ? It's very important fto be able to
play with digiKam code...

Best