[Digikam-devel] Students finished their first task on ROSEDU's Community and Development Lab

Gabriel Voicu ping.gabi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 03:32:34 GMT 2011

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to start this email by introducing the two
students that started working for Digikam on ROSEDU's Community and
Development Lab. Their name are: Victor Dodon (dodonvictor at gmail.com) and
Veceslav Munteanu (slavuttici at gmail.com). I would like to mention that
Victor Dodon, who is a very capable student, wants to participate in this
year GSoC for Digikam, so I think that this is a very good opportunity to
know him better before the application period starts.

Secondly, I am glad to announce you that Victor already merged the three
metadata edit dialogs: IPTC, XMP and EXIF into one dialog with three tabs. I
attached the patch to this email, so please tell us what you think about it!
Also, we would like to ask you what do you want to do with the remained
us to merge them?

Thirdly, in short time we want to start working on implementing the face
recognition tags inside images metadata. What expectations do you have from
us in order to solve this task? Can you please give us a starting point?
Also, what XML schema should we adopt when saving the tags?

Just that you know, until we receive some directions for implementing the
face recognition tags, we will work on finishing the refactoring of DNG
Converter.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Gabriel Voicu