[Digikam-devel] Re: Bugs::DigiKam::Database cleanup and some RFC

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:40:59 BST 2011

2011/6/29 Francesco Riosa <francesco at pnpitalia.it>

> Request for comment:
>
> Bug 267733 - Automatical initialisation of Internal MySQL database
> doesn't work after digikam start
>     Should we totally remove MySQL Internal server option?
>     It's a pain with no gain, sqlite is the one that does
>     "Internal server" part well

I'm not sure. We must have a discussion with Marcel about this subject. He
will back from holidays in 2 weeks.

> Bug 268204 - MySQL filenames are case-INsensitive
>     Uhm I've missed this one before.
>     Solution require a schema change and much testing, doable in -rc
>     times?

It still one mount normally for stabilization. If you is sure that it's
better to do it before fianl release, let's go, else report for 2.1, planed
one or 2 month after 2.0

> Bug 267131 - Digikam config and data cannot be moved, absolute paths
> embedded in database and digikamrc
>     I want to have this fixed, at least for 2.1.0 suggestions?

Same that previous point.

> To Be Closed?
>

> Bug 265034 - Database corrupted after terminating frozen digikam
>     1.8.0, no data

close it and said to user to re-open it if problem occur again.

> Bug 267190 - digiKam crashes when other applications rename files it is
>     1.4.0, old, probably fixed

idem.

> Bug 272332 - Moving a versioned file crashes digikam2
>     tested Fixed

to close

> Bug 203196 - Multiple Albums for 1 Folder
>     tested Fixed
>
> to close

> Bug 229234 - thumbnail mismatch for images with same name
>     1.2.0, old, possibly fixed, easy workaround

close it and said to user to re-open it if problem occur again.

> Bug 237037 - digikam sqlite convience copy [patch]
>     sqlite2 is for digikam <= 0.7 right? What about to forget?
>     i.e. to remove the 3rdparty lib?

3rd party is not only for sqlite2. There is other lib in this folder. We
cannot remove it as well.

About sqlite2, we must to talk with Marcel if it fine to drop support of
digiKam DB < 0.9 with digiKam 2.0.0.

We can plan it for 2.1 anyway...

> Bug 267802 - Database connections not closed on exit
>     1.4.0 not reproducible/fixed

to close

> Bug 163763 - digikam hangs during operation and startup
>     old fixed and buried

to close

> Bug 195006 - national charaters not accepted in database file path
>     0.10.0 not reproducible, ancient
>
> to close

> Bug 145743 - only include displayable files in database
>     0.10.0 long time fixed

to close

Great work Francesco ! Thanks a lots for your help...