[Digikam-devel] Bugs::DigiKam::Database cleanup and some RFC

Francesco Riosa francesco at pnpitalia.it
Tue Jun 28 23:21:09 BST 2011

Request for comment:

Bug 267733 - Automatical initialisation of Internal MySQL database
doesn't work after digikam start
     Should we totally remove MySQL Internal server option?
     It's a pain with no gain, sqlite is the one that does
     "Internal server" part well

Bug 268204 - MySQL filenames are case-INsensitive
     Uhm I've missed this one before.
     Solution require a schema change and much testing, doable in -rc
     times?

Bug 267131 - Digikam config and data cannot be moved, absolute paths
embedded in database and digikamrc
     I want to have this fixed, at least for 2.1.0 suggestions?

To Be Closed?

Bug 265034 - Database corrupted after terminating frozen digikam
     1.8.0, no data

Bug 267190 - digiKam crashes when other applications rename files it is
     1.4.0, old, probably fixed

Bug 272332 - Moving a versioned file crashes digikam2
     tested Fixed

Bug 203196 - Multiple Albums for 1 Folder
     tested Fixed

Bug 229234 - thumbnail mismatch for images with same name
     1.2.0, old, possibly fixed, easy workaround

Bug 237037 - digikam sqlite convience copy [patch]
     sqlite2 is for digikam <= 0.7 right? What about to forget?
     i.e. to remove the 3rdparty lib?

Bug 267802 - Database connections not closed on exit
     1.4.0 not reproducible/fixed

Bug 163763 - digikam hangs during operation and startup
     old fixed and buried

Bug 195006 - national charaters not accepted in database file path
     0.10.0 not reproducible, ancient

Bug 145743 - only include displayable files in database
     0.10.0 long time fixed