[Digikam-devel] schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed

Stephen Toledo-Brown stephen.toledo-brown at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 16 22:08:57 BST 2011

Hello,

Earlier today I could start DigiKam as normal, but now it's reporting
errors as below on startup, and failing to show any of my albums.

The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an
error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your old database
and start with an empty one. (In this case, please move the database
files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the directory
"/home/joint/Pictures".) More probably you will want to report this
error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list. As well, please have a
look at what digiKam prints on the console.

After a reboot, I got the same error but this time with the possible
improvement that re-adding the root album folder seems to be working.

I suspect that the problem may have been caused by having 2 userids
simultaneously trying to use digikam (same database). Is that likely?

Is there anything else I need to be doing? I did have the output from
running digikam from a bash shell, but that got lost in the reboot.