[Digikam-devel] Re: digikam 2.0.0 packaging for distributions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 17:20:21 BST 2011

I talk about this problem with Nicolas Lécureuil, the Mandriva packager.

The goal is to try to detect KDE 4.7.0 shared libraries about libksane,
libkdcraw, libkipi, and libkexiv2. If there are present, through
kdegrphics/libs, let's go to use it. Note digiKam must compile fine with KDE
4.6.x libs, but KDE 4.7 is better...

libksane is optional.

For libkface and libkmap, there still into kdereview. So there are not yet
published with KDE. I already ask to KDE team for a migration to
extragear/libs, but it's not yet done. Both are mandatory to build digiKam.

For libmediawiki, there is already in extragear/libs, but it's optional.

I hope this will clarify the situation. Nicolas, mutch patch digiKam SC
CMakeLists.txt to handle external libs from KDE, if right version are
available.

Best

Gilles Caulier