[Digikam-devel] Re: [Digikam-users] digiKam and Kipi-plugins 1.8.0 released...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed Jan 26 14:12:04 GMT 2011

mercoledì 26 gennaio 2011 alle 00:01, Hevï Guy ha scritto:
> Now, moving on... Is anything progressing on the front to provide an
> all-encompassing set of FULL instructions for the many Newbs out here
> who still have trouble compiling the program and all of its various
> dependencies? It truly is a shame not to be able to enjoy the updated
> features of this terrific program because we're simple photographers but
> not coding wizards :-(
Well the right way should be to ask for it to your distro digikam/kipi-plugins
maintainer.
Most distros backport or update these packages.

I see the problem in building source though...
an easier way is to import old package source description from your distro repository
(i.e. spec file for rpm, don't know for deb) and change it to new version.
If that is written right, it should fail for dependency first, and give you the right
packages to install.

HTH,
	Angelo