[Digikam-devel] Re: Update schema version 4 to 5 failed - "connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use"

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 20:33:58 GMT 2011

> The error appeared from nowhere. I have no idea why digikam would update
> its schema from 4 to 5 right now.
>
> I upgraded digikam a month ago:
>
>   dpkg.log.1:2010-12-27 13:26:03 upgrade digikam 2:1.2.0-0ubuntu2
> 2:1.4.0-0ubuntu1
>
> ... but it still worked without a problem (database time-stamp is
> 2011-01-13).

Ok, probably the database file is damaged somehow. Good that you dont have
valuable information in there. One would think that Sqlite it very safe, and I
assume it is, but very rarely something like this seems to happen.

> The database is ca. 3MB, 11K files. I guess that's too much to send?
> I have no valuable info in there (except some 30 ratings and some test
> tags).
> I have no known harddisk problems.

For me it's all right to receive this by mail. Not via the mailing list of
course.

> Via google I found some notice where "connection 'ConnectionTest' is
> still in use..." was a bug (object de-construction), or an issue of
> library incompatibility. Therefore I checked libkdcraw8 etc., but the
> libraries seem current.

You can completely ignore this ConnectionTest message.