[Digikam-devel] Re: Fwd: Internet domain name & keyword

kunal kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:24:21 GMT 2011

On 01/07/2011 06:42 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I receive this mail today (look below for the contents)
>
> I just registered digikam.org <http://digikam.org> as domain name
> through Tom Albers compagny. But "digiKam.org" is not a legal name
> registered (copyrighted as KDE.org or OpenOffice.org for ex).
>
> Do you think that we need to do it for the future ?

IMO we should register digikam as digikam.org this would
prevent companies from using the trademark to drive internet traffic
to their website.

additionally hosting companies like godaddy.com etc provide bulk
domain registrations. IMHO we should also register domains like
digikam.{org,net,....} they are quite cheap and also help drive
digikam traffic to digikam's website.

> best
>
> Gilles

regards