[Digikam-devel] Needing ideas for Rosedu's Open Source Development Course

Gabriel Voicu ping.gabi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:57:37 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

ROSEDU (Romanian Open Source Education) people are organising an Open Source
Development Course, where they teach a group of selected students (aprox. 30
students) about tools used in open source development. Also, during the
course, the students will be grouped in teams of 3-4 to work on a
contribution to an existing open-source software. Each group of students is
coordanated by a menthor.

Because I participated in the last year GSoC, the organisers invited me to
be a menthor for a team and propose a project related to Digikam/KIPI
Plugins. Now, I would like to know if you have some junior jobs for Digikam
or KIPI Plugins that will not involve more than 5-6 hours/week for 7-8
weeks. The projects should contains easy things to do, like modifying a UI
or make some small changes in different parts of Digikam. I mention that the
course will be from the start of March until the the start/middle of May.

If you have any ideas, please tell me as soon as possible, because I should
speak with the organisers until Wednesday 5th January. Also, it's no problem
if you tell me after 5th January. :-)

Best wishes,
Gabriel