[Digikam-devel] How to compile digikam 2.0 correctly?

Simon A. Eugster granjow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 07:40:49 GMT 2011

I wanted to install libkface to /usr and libkipi to /usr/local since
gwenview depends on libkipi as well, but I'm using the packaged
version of gwenview, and when replacing libkipi with the compiled
version gwenview (and others) use to crash.

Now it seems that libkface installs libkipi and others as well – to
/usr. So at the moment I'm again in the situation that the packaged
version of libkipi got overwritten.
What is the correct way to get libkipi to /usr/local only?
And, is it intended that libkipi only compiles when the packaged
libkipi-dev is installed? Without I'm getting this error:
/data/cworkspace/digikam/extra/kipi-plugins/gpssync/gpsreversegeocodingwidget.cpp:77:29:
error: libkipi/version.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
/data/cworkspace/digikam/extra/kipi-plugins/gpssync/gpsreversegeocodingwidget.cpp:206:5:
warning: "KIPI_VERSION" is not defined

thanks
Simon