[Digikam-devel] Nepomuk integration

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:10:20 GMT 2011

Hey all!

I'm now working on a Nepomuk library for managing PIMO:Persons, currently
we're working with just IM and PIM ideas/interfaces. Sometime ago I
presented an idea about Nepomuk which included recognized persons from
DigiKam being connected with Nepomuk's PIMO:Person as well, enabling you to
do stuff like email that person or chat with him etc right from DigiKam's
interface.

How feasible do you think this idea is? Could the DigiKam face tagging
interface work with Nepomuk Persons? Or would you rather stay away from
Nepomuk for now? If you think it's worth, I could probably join you on your
sprint in January and present how the library is supposed to work, what can
it do etc. and also we could tackle DigiKam's needs in this library and
perhaps do a general brainstorming on Nepomuk/Persons usage.

Let me know what do you think :)

Cheers!
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer