[Digikam-devel] DigiKam database crashes after entering geo locations, processes left

Hartmut Tiborra hatiborra at web.de
Mon Apr 4 17:45:05 BST 2011

Dear DigiKam-team,

since 2 years I enjoy digikam - great tool: congratulations!.
At the moment I' sadly have to face a serious problem.
I recentli (sunday) tagged a lot of pictures with geo locations.
Once during this process digikam crashed.
Trying to restart it I saw a problem: digikam came not up and I saw 3 or 4 processes "digikam" which i shot dowm (using ALT-F2).
That worked and digikam started normally.
Next time starting it I faced the heere depicted error and after the start I had no Picture library anymore - attached in digikam.
after reassigning my pichtures folder digikam started and took about 40 minutes to create the database.
That happened yesterday.

Today the error occurs again.

After the start digikam showed the attached screen "DigiKam-Absturz.png"

After starting from console the following messages appear:

prompt:~$ digikam
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
    ----- after this the DigiKam-Absturz.png appears -----
Time elapsed: 20 ms
Model: Time elapsed: 58 ms
Time elapsed: 3 ms
Model: Time elapsed: 29 ms
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/htibi/.config/ibus/bus
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
TextureColorizer: Time elapsed: 14 ms
   ----- here the console stucks after closing digiKam and you find the running processes depicted in DigiKam-Absturz_Prozesse.png -----

Only after schutting down the digikam-process using ALT-F2 the prompt appears again.

Renaming the only found database "digikam4.db" didn't help. Only the secound start asked for the database location. It's collecting my pictures now for the secound time. Let's see.

Weeks ago I also had the problem that digikam processes (one big sized and some with little size) were left in the process list.
After killing them digikam worked fine again. But I had no geo locations set at that time.

I'd appreciate a quick help and thank for that in advance.

Hartmut

(Using Kubuntu 10.10, digikam 1.4.0, beeing more a user than an admin ;-)