[Digikam-devel] Color theme plan...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:21:05 BST 2011

Hi all,

I plan to make severals changes in Theme Manager in a near future. My
plan is to remove all customized XML theme and to use KDE color theme
instead, as KDenlive do...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5595401580/sizes/o/in/photostream/

The goal is to fix all mistakes with colors melange reported in
bugzilla. Also, this will simplify theme management :

- there is a complex color assignment in this method :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/themeengine/themeengine.cpp#L302

This code have been back-ported from Amarok 1.4 by me in the pass.
Sound like not all colors mix are perfect in GUI.

- there are a lots of KDE color theme schemes down-loadable by KDE
control panel.

Only ThemeEngine class will be touch by this change. 2 others classes
still unchanged. In Theme, we populate all KDE color themes available
and we assign it to digiKam when user select one of them in theme menu
entry. XML interface will be removed, but all the rest of color
assignment still there, especially this method :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/themeengine/themeengine.cpp#L302

In fact, we assign palette from KDE theme to digiKam and we build
theme by this method. In changePalette() method we just assign the
palette and no more...