[Digikam-devel] Re: Win32 : send to trash a file

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:49:41 BST 2010

2010/10/4 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

>> -    KIO::Job* job = DIO::del(useTrash ? urlList : kioUrlList, useTrash);
>> +    KIO::Job* job = DIO::del(/*useTrash ? urlList : */kioUrlList,
>
> That wont work under Linux either. We must pass the urlList (file://)

sure. but it just to hack under windows of course. Code need to be
adapted properly.

> Does the trash work from any other KDE app under Linux?

this is a good question.

I tried with dolphin and konqueror (as file manager mode). Both don't
have "file/delete" or "file/move to trash" option as under linux.
Strange no ?

But from dlophin, when i d&d an item from list view to windows trash
icon, it work as expected...

> I mean, we pass a perfectly normal list of file:// URLs to KIO::trash, nothing
> more. Nothing to be done differently.
> What about a bug in kdelibs?

Perhaps. I don't know. But if it's a bug in KDELibs, i suppose that
d&d action to trash icon cannot run. right ?