[Digikam-devel] Re: Cannot compile libkface

Gabriel Voicu ping.gabi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:53:52 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>wrote:

> > I'm trying to compile digiKam 2.0 after a while, but I'm stuck at
> compiling
> > libkface. I have all the required dependencies, including OpenCV 2.1 .
> Can
> > you tell me please if this is from me, or is something broken in the
> > compile?
>
> I'd say that when linking, all methods from the OpenCV library are not
> found.
> That means the headers are found by the compiler, but the corresponding
> libraries not by the linker.
> Either, there is an installation peculiarity at your side, or some problem
> with the CMake detection.
>
> Here on OpenSuse, the package opencv-devel provides, in addition to the
> headers:
> /usr/lib64/libcv.so
> /usr/lib64/libcvaux.so
> /usr/lib64/libcxcore.so
> /usr/lib64/libhighgui.so
> /usr/lib64/libml.so

I checked now and I have all these OpenCV libs in my /usr/lib directory.
I suppose that is a cmake error, because if I download and compile libface
from sourceforge,
all works as it should. Also, after I compile libface from Sourceforge,
running cmake from libkface
doesn't detect that I already have installed libface.
(I mention that I used:
"cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config
--prefix` .."
command when compiling all the digikam's components. Also, I use Fedora with
KDE 4.4.2 .)

Gabriel