[Digikam-devel] Re: Once again ... No images shown in digikam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 16:03:18 GMT 2010

> And how can I fix this now? Shouldn't this be recognized by the CMake
> scripts anyway?

You should verify that the right version (check date) of the relevant libs are
installed in the right places (depends on your system), here it's this:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  489393 11. Nov 17:05
/usr/lib64/kde4/kio_digikamalbums.so
in the same dir as all other kio_* libraries.
Also, here, error messages from slaves go into ~/.xsession-errors, if some
libraries are not found for example.

> If this problem is so classic, why does digikam not tell me what the error
> is and help me somehow?

Digikam probably does not know what the problem is, and it is not an
application's job to analyze packaging/installation problems (this problem is
often reported after installing new packages, if these packages dont install
to the right place or have broken dependencies or whatever).