[Digikam-devel] Re: Versioning, but not editing in digiKam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Nov 6 17:59:32 GMT 2010

> True. I still haven't looked into this one yet, though. Marcel, how can we
> detect if the RAW + JPEG are actually a pair? By filename is not enough, so
> I suppose by some metadata, right (because the camera itself also display
> the pair as one image)?

Hm, not sure. We can ask in this list: How does your camera do it? I'll need
to check with mine.

I'd assume that for files a (RAW) and b (JPEG) to form a pair,
- the same basename, only different suffixes, when downloading from the
camera, is sufficient
- the exact same creation date is necessary, but not sufficient if there are
other pictures with the same date+time
- same value in one of some metadata fields implemented as a UUID or click
counter is sufficient (see DMetadata::getImageUuid for potential candidates,
but the intention there is different)

Marcel