[Digikam-devel] Threading in digiKam

Aditya Bhatt adityabhatt1991 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 08:54:24 BST 2010

Hi Gilles, Alex, and Marcel,

Thanks for the files gilles :)
As Alex said, we might use some simple variables for locking critical
sections. We do use global stuff as he pointed out. We don't want to pull in
a Qt dependency for libface.

PS: I just got my modem to work and am now building digiKam and
dependencies.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/5/1 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:
> >
> >> Hi Everyone!
> >>
> >> The GSoC community bonding period has started. My exams just got over
> and
> >> I'm trying to get familiar with digiKam's workings.
> >> Now, a major concern is that libface's methods should be thread-safe to
> be
> >> usable in digKam.
> >>
> >> pthreads are POSIX-only. So, I'd like to know what sort of threading
> >> digiKam uses. I can browse the code myself, but it'd be faster if
> someone
> >> points me to some relevant source files which make use of threading,
> just
> >> so that I can learn quicker.
> >
> > Of course, we use Qt ;-)
> > If you now feel the need, reconsider to build upon Qt Core at least. It's
> > about as cross-platform as it gets nowadays.
>
> To second Marcel, we use QThread in digiKam core, as with this class
> dedecated to run image editor tool code in a separated thread :
>
> main classes :
>

> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/threads/dynamicthread.h?revision=1118746&view=markup
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/filters/dimgthreadedfilter.h?revision=1115803&view=markup
>
> And there a simple filtre to adjust brightness, contrast and gamma...
>

> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/filters/bcg/bcgfilter.h?revision=1099598&view=markup
>
> Gilles

Aditya Bhatt
Blog : http://adityabhatt.wordpress.com