[Digikam-devel] Threading in digiKam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon May 3 07:10:16 BST 2010

2010/5/1 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

>> Hi Everyone!
>>
>> The GSoC community bonding period has started. My exams just got over and
>> I'm trying to get familiar with digiKam's workings.
>> Now, a major concern is that libface's methods should be thread-safe to be
>> usable in digKam.
>>
>> pthreads are POSIX-only. So, I'd like to know what sort of threading
>> digiKam uses. I can browse the code myself, but it'd be faster if someone
>> points me to some relevant source files which make use of threading, just
>> so that I can learn quicker.
>
> Of course, we use Qt ;-)
> If you now feel the need, reconsider to build upon Qt Core at least. It's
> about as cross-platform as it gets nowadays.

To second Marcel, we use QThread in digiKam core, as with this class
dedecated to run image editor tool code in a separated thread :

main classes :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/threads/dynamicthread.h?revision=1118746&view=markup
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/filters/dimgthreadedfilter.h?revision=1115803&view=markup

And there a simple filtre to adjust brightness, contrast and gamma...

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/filters/bcg/bcgfilter.h?revision=1099598&view=markup