[Digikam-devel] Image history in metadata

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:28:16 BST 2010

Hi Martin,

The image history must follow XMP metadata.

We have a digiKam XMP namespace. Image history must be recorded to this area :

http://www.exiv2.org/tags-xmp-digiKam.html
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/XMP.html#digiKam

You said that image history will be a QString. I think that we wil
format XML data directly in digiKam. It's definitively a wrong way.
You must delegate this point to libkexiv2/Exiv2

Indeep, in digiKam core, the image history will be something like a
QMap container, used to discribe :

- the image revision.
- the tool used to change image.
- the tool settings.

In XMP, there is a lots of map container available. Look in Metadata
Properties section from this doc :

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp/pdfs/XMPSpecificationPart1.pdf

To host image history to XMP, use Digikam::DMetadata class.

Gilles Caulier