[Digikam-devel] Schema update in branch

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Jul 3 11:46:38 BST 2010

Hi,

Sometimes within the next few days, a schema update (mostly as proposed in the
wiki page, with some additional fixes) will be committed to the GSoC branch.
This will update the database schema from version 5 to 6.

Important: The database remains backwards compatible, i.e., you can continue
to use it with digikam 0.10.0 - 1.4.

For users of the branch within the next two months, a backup copy may be
advisable in case anything goes wrong or we forgot important things, but I
hope we did not.

Tables and a few indices are added, none if the existing tables are changed.
For MySQL, there is a bugfix with the field length for the uniqueHash, which
was cut until now.

Marcel