[Digikam-devel] Akonadi

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 19:36:19 GMT 2010

> - For Akonadi we get a huge dependency (which I do not like) on board, but
> we have mechanism for caching and perhaps for synchronising. Thats why I
> tried this one out next.
>
> - I do not know what's the opinion of each on the Akonadi approach, but
> there seems to be differencies.

The idea of using Akonadi originates from Colin Guthrie, but he is seemingly
disappeared from kipi plugin development.
During the coding sprint in November Tom Albers gave a talk about Akonadi, the
consensus seemed to be to develop into that direction. Tom also started some
coding, but I dont know in details. Luka Renko was most directly involved in
this discussion. There were a few blog entries in the following days, IIRC
also from toma.
I consider myself primarily a digikam and not a kipi plugin developer so I
will not be involved too closely in this, but I suggest communication with Tom
Albers and Luka Renko at this point.

Marcel