[Digikam-devel] Re: release plan...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:03:51 GMT 2010

2010/12/16  <nlecureuil at mandriva.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> And after that, digiKam 1.x source code will stay in KDE subversion
>> trunk repository. We can plan a future bugs-fixes only release 1.8.0
>> in a near future.
>> I insist to 1.8.0 and perhaps 1.9.0 releases which must be bugs-fixes
>> only. No more new features must be implemented here.
> We can plan like this :
>                       1.8.0 -> 23 january
>                       1.9.0 -> 20 February

ok, i fix release plan page accordingly.

>> After the Git migration, we must release the first 2.0.0 beta1. I
>> think that one week after is fine. Let's me hear if i must be
>> delayed... For this point, i ask to Nicolas if he can make tarball.
> No pb for me for the tarball. As soon as the code will be in git i will do
> test tarballs during the week to be sure all works as expected

yes,but take a care that digiKam become a Software Collection,
including all shared libs that we manage in kdegraphics/libs + new
ones, and also kipi-plugins as well. all of these are hosted in
"extra" sub-folder. "core" sub-folder is digiKam source code as well.

All shared libs are development source code. This is not a fork. ABI +
API id are increased against kdegraphics/libs from trunk. No conflict
must be seen about.

For the moment, and probably after Git migration, nothing will be done
about translations. So for the 2.0.0-beta1, we will release without
translations files.

Another point is the way to use system shared libs instead "extra"
version. it's planed but not yet implemented in cmake files.

Note also that the beta1 will be used to have packagers feedback. so
nothing will be frozen here, and all must be adapted accordingly.

> Regards
> Nicolas
> _______________________________________________
> Digikam-devel mailing list
> Digikam-devel at kde.org
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-devel

More information about the Digikam-devel mailing list