[Digikam-devel] release plan...
caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:30:42 GMT 2010
Some words to clarify the plan about next release and git migration.
As it's explained here :
...the next stable release will be 1.7.0. Nicolas has planed to make
official tarballs sunday.
Kde-windows team is awake and this release will be included into
official KDE windows installer, with KDE 4.5.4. It's planed around
In parallel, me and Julien have planed to release digiKam & co with a
stand alone NSIS installer. This will be an alternative of official
kde windows installer which will manage and update more frequently.
And after that, digiKam 1.x source code will stay in KDE subversion
trunk repository. We can plan a future bugs-fixes only release 1.8.0
in a near future.
I insist to 1.8.0 and perhaps 1.9.0 releases which must be bugs-fixes
only. No more new features must be implemented here.
The lead development will be focalized on 2.0.0 code which will be
migrated by Marcel into KDE Git repository soon, after 1.7.0 release.
Of course, just before the migration, source code will be synchronized
There is a problem to synchronize svn trunk with git trunk. This is
why only small fixes must be applied to Svn trunk. We will back-port
these commit to Git repository as well. So this operation must still
After the Git migration, we must release the first 2.0.0 beta1. I
think that one week after is fine. Let's me hear if i must be
delayed... For this point, i ask to Nicolas if he can make tarball.
Note : for info, current 2.0.0 digiKam SC is in this branch of Svn repository :
I'm waiting you comments and suggestions.
More information about the Digikam-devel