[Digikam-devel] Re: Git migration for 2.0.0 + code components re-structuring...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:31:16 GMT 2010

Martin,

this is exactly the purpose of my proposal, to create a digiKam
package including kipi-plugins and shared libs.

If the concept is fine, we can plan to host by the same way a forked
version of libkexiv2 and libkdcraw. For the moment it's not the goal.
We can life a little bits with kdegraphics/libs.

Only one library cannot not be shared like this : libkipi. Why?
because this one is shared with Kphotoalbum and gwenview.

Gilles

2010/12/9 Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:34, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> About libkface, libkmap, it will work as kipi-plugins : it stand alone
>> shared librared installed on the system.
>>
>> This will solve the huge puzzle for us, digiKam & co developpers. As
>> we maintain this code...
>>
>> What do you think about ?
>
> I agree to ship as many things as possible ourselves, or make them otherwise
> independent. Because then distro packagers have problems packaging it and
> users then end up with 1.2.0 in some recent distro and they are reporting
> bugs against 1.2.0 and we just reply to update to newer version and try
> again, but they actually can't, because thier distro doesn't package newer
Thi sis > version, because of the libs being part of KDE trunk (and
they don't package