[Digikam-devel] Re: Git migration for 2.0.0 + code components re-structuring...

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:40:54 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:34, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> About libkface, libkmap, it will work as kipi-plugins : it stand alone
> shared librared installed on the system.
>
> This will solve the huge puzzle for us, digiKam & co developpers. As
> we maintain this code...
>
> What do you think about ?

I agree to ship as many things as possible ourselves, or make them otherwise
independent. Because then distro packagers have problems packaging it and
users then end up with 1.2.0 in some recent distro and they are reporting
bugs against 1.2.0 and we just reply to update to newer version and try
again, but they actually can't, because thier distro doesn't package newer
version, because of the libs being part of KDE trunk (and they don't package
trunk stuff). So for the sake of the users, I think we should ship as many
things as possible ourselves.

Marty