[Digikam-devel] Re: Splash photo for 2.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 08:41:20 GMT 2010

2010/12/6 Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 23:27, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, i like the idea to patch splash after beta1
>>
>> But, your photos are private in flickr (:=)))
>
> Ahh, fixed now :)

ok, i take a look.

> Also, I have one idea for kipi-plugins. Since now even the
> KSnapshot has the capability to use kipi-plugins for export, I was thinking
> about creating a kipi-plugin for http://imagebin.ca service, it's a
> simple-fast-image-share service, something like pastebin, but for images.
> But this would be unusable for more than one image. But for the purposes of
> exporting through KSnapshot it's more than great.
> Use case: You need to take a screenshot and share it fast with someone on
> IRC for example. You run KSnapshot, do the screenshot and then just export
> to imagebin and paste the returned link back to IRC or IM.
> What do you think Gilles? Would this got accepted to kipi-plugins?
> Marty

yes, of course. there is no yet a wish in bugzilla about imagebin.ca
support, but it's a good idea...

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=kipiplugins&component=Wish+For+New+Plugins&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=