[Digikam-devel] Re: digiKam/kipi-plugins 2.0.0 beta1 release....
caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:51:18 GMT 2010
Another point is to leave 1.x development, and move 2.0.0 in trunk.
Personally, i vote to lets 1.x in trunk at least until 2.0.0-beta2 or
beta3, if technically it's possible.
The goal is to be able to release 1.8.0 and perhaps 1.9.0 release with bugfixes.
What do you think about ?
2010/12/2 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> 2.0.0 releases are planed at the same time than 1.7.0 : 18 December 2010...
> There are some pending issues to solve before to make this release,
> relevant of libkmap and libkface.
> The lead question is where to host this libraries for the release.
> Currently libkmap and libkface are hosted in KDE-review. As lead KDE
> developers said in private mail, these codes must still at this place
> at least 2 weeks before to be integrated somewhere in KDE core.
> The original goal is to integrate libkmap and libkface in kdegraphics/libs.
> For libkmap, i cannot see any problem, outside the OpenCV depency
> detection, which can be solved as well i think.
> For libkmap, KDE developers said that kdegraphics must be undependant
> of kde-edu components, which host marble code. The solution is to
> integrate libkmap in KDELibs, or better, at the same place than
> marble. For this point i don't know which will be the better. I lets
> Michael to take the choice.
> There is another important point : we cannot move libkmap and libkface
> in KDE core / trunk until KDE 4.6 is branched (not specially
> released). I think KDE 4.6 branch will be done after beta2 or
> something like that, probably during January 2011.
> This want mean that 18 December is really short to release digiKam and
> kipi-plugins 2.0.0.
> Your viewpoints and suggestions are welcome.
> Gilles Caulier
More information about the Digikam-devel