[Digikam-devel] digiKam/kipi-plugins 2.0.0 beta1 release....

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:47:59 GMT 2010

Hi all,

2.0.0 releases are planed at the same time than 1.7.0 : 18 December 2010...

There are some pending issues to solve before to make this release,
relevant of libkmap and libkface.

The lead question is where to host this libraries for the release.

Currently libkmap and libkface are hosted in KDE-review. As lead KDE
developers said in private mail, these codes must still at this place
at least 2 weeks before to be integrated somewhere in KDE core.

The original goal is to integrate libkmap and libkface in kdegraphics/libs.

For libkmap, i cannot see any problem, outside the OpenCV depency
detection, which can be solved as well i think.

For libkmap, KDE developers said that kdegraphics must be undependant
of kde-edu components, which host marble code. The solution is to
integrate libkmap in KDELibs, or better, at the same place than
marble. For this point i don't know which will be the better. I lets
Michael to take the choice.

There is another important point : we cannot move libkmap and libkface
in KDE core / trunk until KDE 4.6 is branched (not specially
released). I think KDE 4.6 branch will be done after beta2 or
something like that, probably during January 2011.

This want mean that 18 December is really short to release digiKam and
kipi-plugins 2.0.0.

Your viewpoints and suggestions are welcome.

Best