[Digikam-devel] How to mark image versioning in main album view?

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 09:27:42 BST 2010

Hi,

Regarding the pile - we could use the Qt animation framework and make then
"unpile" when the icon is clicked. They would be a normal whole thumb rects
like every other, they would just appear in and move in, moving all the
other images in the view as necessery (the rest would also move animated).
But I have no experience with the animations framework nor with combining
them with custom delegate. Anyone? :)

> I also like the rotated pile, but it would be nice to make this somewhat
> configurable (turn it off, switch to simple icon). I also like the idea
> of having ">>" on the image - maybe this could act as a button and show
> older versions if clicked?

Option will be probably useful, yeah. All versions are showed in sidebar all
the time, so clicking that icon could result in opening the sidebar. Also
the current version is selected there.

> If you go with adding an icon, this would be a good opportunity to make
> a framework for showing more icons like for images that are geo-located.

There probably could be displayed more icons, that's not a problem. But they
would have to be hidden and shown only on mouseover (IMHO) because the more
icon there will be, the less you'll see from the actual thumbnail.

> Maybe you should also send this mail to digikam-user, as I'm not sure
> that many of its subscribers are also on digikam-devel.

Also good idea, thanks :)

Marty