[Digikam-devel] contributing some programming work

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:30:31 BST 2009

Johannes,

In fact, there is no very high priority currently, excepted to
stabilize code for 1.0.0 of course...

The implementation for new features will be closed in digiKam after
1.0.0-beta5. We must cleanup bugzilla to publish a suitable version of
digiKam. this is not the best development stage (less exciting), but
it's necessary.

In kipi-plugins, it's different. both package follow different release
plans. I will certainly release 0.7.0 this week end. More than 20 bugs
have been fixed since 0.6.0. After that new features can be
implemented. Look in Bugzilla, for ex about picasaweb, Gallery, of
flickr tool.

There is also a thread about to implement a new wikimedia management
plugin. I'm in contact with this guy :

http://www.gpaumier.org/blog/297_digikam-the-perfect-tool-for-wikimedia-commons-photographers/

If you is interested...

In other words, take your choose in bugzilla (:=)))...

Gilles