[Digikam-devel] Scan plugin feedback

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Mon Sep 7 12:57:29 BST 2009

On Monday 07 September 2009, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Just a short feedback about digikam scanner plugin:
>
> * Negative film => Invert
>
> Scan source: transparency unit
> Film type: negative film
>
> I would like scanner plugin to display inverted images in preview mode.

I have been thinking about this, and how to implement it (in libksane).
There is one problem, the gamma-table and color options would work in the
opposite way to what they should.

> * 35 mm pre-settings
>
> If possible I would prefer several pre-settings, one for each film
> maker: kodak, fuji, etc... Like in xsane. Together with preview, it can
> give a nice feedback of what is being scanned.

These pre-settings are they just different color correction settings?

> * Batch scanning
>
> Batch scanning with the ability to capture separate slides automatically
> would rock. But this may not be technically possible.
In KDE 4.3 after a preview, libksane does try to automatically select the
images in the preview and should batch scan the selected areas. If not there
is a bug somewhere :)

There is room for improvement in the auto selection tho.

There is no way at the moment, in the API, to add more than one default
selection. It is only possible through the gui.

I should probably add that option to the API somehow...

> If I am wrong, discard my message.
No, this is valuable feedback :)

Regards,
  Kåre