[Digikam-devel] digiKam 1.0.0-beta5 release this week end.

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Fri Oct 2 10:32:06 BST 2009

> Hi all,
>
> I plan to make 1.0.0-beta5 tarball Sunday morning, if all is fine for
>  you...
>
> Please check if all your code is ready to be published.
>
> With this release, and if we don't plan a beta6, we will freeze i18n soon.
>
> What do you think about ? Do you need a new beta release before RC
> stage and freeze of strings ?

For me, I will continue to fix some bugs from my list, but I dont have any
feature that would urgently need i18n changes.
One remaining bug that I consider as high priority is
193489 thumbnails are flashing are not shown at all
A lot of CC'ed people there but noone came up so far who is running trunk and
can reproduce this bug. If I can't debug then be it, this should not delay our
schedule.

> I vote for yes... This will delay a little the final release, but in
> all case, we must publish 1.0.0 version before Christmas 2009 (:=)))

For libkexiv2 and libkdcraw changes, we should also keep in mind the KDE4.4
feature freezes on Nov 4th (soft) and 25th (hard). For Digikam 1.1 I would
like to fix bugs like
183171 Decode and encode metadata once only
207005 Raw Import Tool does not reflect the predefined Workspace when custom
camera profile is chosen
which will need API changes there.
Not related to our 1.0 release though.