[Digikam-devel] New icon view

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue May 19 18:47:17 BST 2009

> I can confirm, seems to be some race-condition.
> If you switch to another album, no image is actually selected. Look at the
> edit action in the toolbar for example, it is disabled.
> When you just rightclick on an item, it becomes selected (edit action in
> toolbar is active now), but somehow the context menu has already been
> created. Right-clicking the item again "fixes" the menu.
> The ContextMenuHelper normally removed disabled actions, to avoid an even
> bigger contextmenu. This is why some actions are not displayed.
>
> The actions are enabled in DigikamApp::slotImageSelected(), but the slot
> seems to be called slightly after the contextmenu is created.
>
> I guess we had this problem also before the ModelView port, but since I
> always click first on an item, I've never seen it.

There is a timer to compress selection signals in DigikamView, so you are
quite right, DigikamView::slotDispatchImageSelected is called in the event
loop after the context menu event has been received.
If this worked before, there was a good solution; if it never worked, we need
to think about a new solution. Anyone has an old version, maybe 0.10 installed
to quickly test?