[Digikam-devel] New icon view

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Mon May 18 09:26:41 BST 2009

I can confirm, seems to be some race-condition.
If you switch to another album, no image is actually selected. Look at the
edit action in the toolbar for example, it is disabled.
When you just rightclick on an item, it becomes selected (edit action in
toolbar is active now), but somehow the context menu has already been created.
Right-clicking the item again "fixes" the menu.
The ContextMenuHelper normally removed disabled actions, to avoid an even
bigger contextmenu. This is why some actions are not displayed.

The actions are enabled in DigikamApp::slotImageSelected(), but the slot seems
to be called slightly after the contextmenu is created.

I guess we had this problem also before the ModelView port, but since I always
click first on an item, I've never seen it.

Andi