[Digikam-devel] newbie question

Lex Thoonen Lex at peng.nl
Mon Jun 29 12:06:36 BST 2009

Hi people,

newbie alert...

I'm checking the docs etc but haven't been able to find this yet
(hopefully rather simple):

I come from lightroom/windows and am pretty serious about
linux/digikam. However, one thing I do a lot is not as obvious to me:

Normally, in a folder I'd rate an amount of images with a star (or
more). Those I then select and then...

(sofar so good with digikam)

in lightroom i used to
a) go to export, where I pointed to a local folder
b) rename the pictures with incrementing number behind it
c) set dimensions (1024px longest side)
d) and have it export the selected images.

Those Iwould then upload to my gallery2.

Now, I'm not using gallery2 anymore, as I've redone my site to a
joomla site, and joomla and gallery2 together makes for a very slow
site. So I thought I'd try joomlagallery. Seems fine sofar, serveing
its purpose, but in digikam i haven't yet found out how to do 'a)'
here above, how to export resized images to a local folder (and leave
the originals in the original size).

'b)' would be nice, but is not very important.

Is 'a)' possible and if so, how?

Thanks!

--
Lex Thoonen