[Digikam-devel] Auto-generate album thumbs

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Jun 16 13:10:05 BST 2009

Hi,

I created a private GIT branch where I test the feature "autoThumbs".
If you have many albums, it becomes quite annoying to set an icon for every
album.

With this patch you can auto-generate album icons. For this, the first item of
every album is read and set as the album thumbnail.

Thumbnails that have been already set will not be overwritten of course.
It works quite will here, but I'm not sure if everything has been setup
correctly.

What do you think? Maybe we should also remove the context menu action "Reset
Album Icon" when the autoThumbs option is set?
Because right now this action will set the first item of an album as the
current thumbnail. This is because we reset the icon, the thumbloader
recognizes this and because of autoThumbs, sets the icon automatically again.

Another way to use this: create a global action, so the user can decide when
to auto-generate those thumbs.

Marcel,

do you see any problems with the albumthumbloader here?

Andi